Everyone has their own list of how to increase followers, likes or fans and there are probably thousands of great ways. Ultimately, you want organic relationships that will grow your client base. There are no shortcuts and if it sounds too good it probably is.
Here's a simple list of 10 things to do to increase your likes, fans and comments on Instagram.
1. Use hashtags that are known to help increase followers and relevant to your industry. (some generic ones #FF, #fastfollowers, #instafollow, #l4l (Like for like) and #followback.
2. Continually like new pics from people in your target audience feed.
3. Post a pic (or a campaign of images over a period of time) and promote a simple contest asking people to like the image in order to enter.
4. Use all your digital, social media and any print media to promote your Instagram account. Come up with a unique selling proposition and tell people what they can expect once they follow you (daily updates, behind-the-scenes photos, sneak peeks, coupons, etc.)
5. Like and comment on other users’ photos. This is an organic way to gain new followers.
6. Include popular hashtags in your posts so your images get found in search. You can search most popular hashtags on Google.
7. Post photos at 2am or 5pm. Research shows that these are the most effective times to post.
8. Create partnership promotions with other retailers who can help push the campaign through their social media outlets.
9. Design an ambassador program offering incentive for other social media pros to gain rewards, gifts, royalties when they increase your fans, likes or even retail sales incentives.
10. Add movement to your pics or capture video with limited movement in them. This can be very effective.
Bonus - Design a weekly EDM that speaks directly to your audience. This will require a campaign on your website, at your retail outlet or through social media where you can collect email addresses.